Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] VK3BFA@wia.org.au is offline

Default A 1-year update

On May 10, 4:38 pm, Don Foreman wrote:
Yesterday was my first smoke-free anniversary after quintuple bypass.
No slips, no oopsies, no excuses.

Good effort Don - after a year off the smokes, hope its getting
easier - I been off em for 6 weeks now, after going into cardiac
failure when they were cutting out a kidney tumor . Impaired lung
function due smoking, nothing in reserve. I reckon if your lucky, you
get one warning - if you ignore it, well, its your decision.

Haven t actually got the money saved from cigggys, I know its
significant, want to get more tooling - a target rifle would be nice,
but don't need another obsession.

Don, your doing the exercise stuff as well -good on ya! - haven't got
to that stage yet, still healing up from the surgery (buggerit!) ,
missing school time, lots of projects still to do but cant manage the
cutoff saw and manhandling lengths of steel. Cant lift things down
from the top shelves in the workshop.

Oh, and I gotta say this (sorry) - but I DID TELL YA YOU WOULD BE OK
WITH MIG WELDING.......in spite of the woozies here getting into facts/
figures/speculation.....

Take care mate,
Andrew VK3BFA