Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default A 1-year update

On Sun, 10 May 2009 05:42:39 -0400, the infamous "Buerste"
scrawled the following:

"Don Foreman" wrote in message
.. .
Yesterday was my first smoke-free anniversary after quintuple bypass.
No slips, no oopsies, no excuses. How doin', Gunner? G Raise them
cigibutt taxes, ya *******s, see if I care anymore. Smokers are a
minority so screw 'em, it's the American way regardless of party.
Party lines merely differ about which minorities should get screwed.

I've bought four nice handguns with the money I've not spent on butts
in the past year. The most recent was for Mary,her choice on her
permit, and she is already scarey good with it. Sig P232 if it
matters. I can't hit crap with it (yet) but it sure works for her.
The challenges and perils the likes of we must overcome now are
rather different than we faced during the '60's and '70's but no less
potentially lethal albeit somewhat quieter. Old dogs must learn new
tricks if we wanna become even older dogs. But it's still discipline.
Hike the brisk 3 miles every freakin' day. I don't have to like it, do
have to do it.
Hikes up and down range doesn't count: I march my miles before I load
up and go to the range for grins and giggles.

The cardio doc says I now have the cholesterol numbers of a
chimpanzee. He's too much of a gentleman to similarly comment on my
intellect or general demeanor... He's a well-bred Paki, luck of the
draw and damned good luck for me and we. We like him a lot. Good man.
Someone close to me got a bit out of sync, atrial fib doncha know, Dr.
B got that corrected with a single 200-joule shot. Bit of a bounce
but it got 'er done. You may know that 50 joules is quite sufficient
to vaporize the end of a good-sized screwdriver.

We're not subsisting on tofu and rabbitfodder by any means, just
being sensible most of the time. We're meateaters, carnivores to be
sure, counting fowl and fish as meat.

You're my hero! I remember quite well the support when I started to quit
smokes. I HAVE accumulated some gun cash but I cant get excited about
anything I don't already have. I don't have a .40 or a 10mm or a .50 for
that matter. Any ideas?

The Barrett M82A1A gets my energetic nod, Tawm. Oh, darn, that's for
military folks only. sigh I guess the M82A1 is civilianized, tho.
http://www.barrettrifles.com/rifle_82.aspx

Or howzbout their little AR style popgun, the 98B, in .338 Lapua?
Sweet!

--
No matter how cynical you are, it is impossible to keep up.
--Lily Tomlin