Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default aluminum cooking pots

In article ,
(Doug Miller) wrote:

In article , Joseph Gwinn
wrote:

Aluminum is the most common metallic element on earth, and is about 9%
of the mass of the planet. There is more aluminum on earth than living
things. If it causes us any real trouble after all these aeons, then
there is no hope.

http://www.enotes.com/earth-science/aluminum

Absolute nonsense. Read the article you cited: it's talking about the
*crust*,
not the planet as a whole -- which has an iron core. (Remember 7th grade
science class?)

Right - it's only the crust. I read too quickly.

But all life on the planet is in the crust, not the core, and the
aluminum part of the crust still outweighs all life. Being only in the
crust actually strengthens the argument, as it raises the Al
concentration that life must have dealt with for aeons, from before
multicellular life evolved, billions of years ago. Hominids are only a
few million years old. I'll keep my aluminum pots and pans.

Joe Gwinn