Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default I like to buy a tool post stud for my 9x20 Grizzly G4000

On Sat, 9 May 2009 21:32:49 -0700, "PeterM" wrote:

Many thanks for this generous information. I think my initial thought was
also to just keep the turret tool post, and buy the 4-bolt clamping plate. I
saw it advertized on EBay for 43.- I wish I could get it for less, but I'm
sure the quality will be less as well. I could also have the guts and try to
make some of the items I need, and see what happens, I really don't have
anything to lose. I learned all this a long time ago, but am afraid to start
practicing again. Maybe by reading here more of your kind reply to us old
beginners, I will become more daring...My best to all of you fine gentlemen
that answered me....Peter

**** Peter..where do you live? So Cal and Ill come by and machine you
your part. Or send me dimensions and a couple photographs and Ill
machine your part for free.

Work is iffy..so I have more time than normally to play.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates