Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Central AC UV filter

"RBM" wrote in message
A customer of mine inquired about a UV filter to install in or on a central
AC air handler to kill mold growing inside the cabinet and duct. Is anyone
familiar with these, that can give me any detail on how and when they are
used and work.

*Roy it sounds as though you want ultraviolet lights for inside the
ductwork. I've seen these used in hospitals, but I don't have any details.
I have also seen the ones used on water filtration units connected to wells.
The idea is that the UV light kills bacteria. Try talking to an HVAC
company.