Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
scritch scritch is offline

Default Grizzly Tools

DJ Delorie wrote:
Ralph writes:
I have looked at every lathe they make, and wouldn't buy one.

I've been using a Grizzly lathe for many years now, still works great,
so perhaps it's a matter of taste?

As for the rest of my Grizzly "army", yeah, they're definitely not
crap. You may have to tweak the extremeties (knobs, dials, paint) but
the castings and mechanics have so far been of really good quality.

To me Grizzly's quality arc seems to be like Jet's. In the early days
of Jet tools they were the worst junk you could legally sell as tools,
but now they have become a manufacturer of many fine tools and machines.
Grizzly seems to be going the same way. Maybe not as quickly, but
times are different. Some Grizzly tooling is fine, other not so fine,
but I have seen a constant improvement.