Dr. Rev. Chuck, M.D. P.A.

Default sliding table on contractors saw

nuk wrote:

On Sun, 26 Oct 2003 05:22:21 GMT, Mark Jerde wrote:

This book shows how to build one. Page 13. Been thinking of making one
myself.

Sliding table or crosscut sled? For some reason I can't find the book listed
@ Taunton's site, which is kind of weird. If you get it, let me know
if you like it; it looks interesting.

Go with a sled for the time being. My single runner panel sled cost me under
$30 for materials (new) and holds calibration -- no light shows between
a fresh crosscut and the blade of an 18" Starrett combo square with stock
held hard against the adjacent edge, even after a year's daily use. Not
sure I'd ever need to "upgrade" to a full sliding table.