Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Mark Rand Mark Rand is offline

Default aluminum cooking pots

On Fri, 8 May 2009 17:08:15 -0500, "Terry Coombs"
wrote:

Doug Miller wrote:
In article , wrote:

Nothing wrong with aluminum for cooking pots.

You don't cook much, apparently.

Try cooking something acidic -- sweet-and-sour sauce, say, or
anything with tomatos in it, like spaghetti sauce -- in an aluminum
pot. Then see how you enjoy the metallic taste in your food.

I use an aluminum pot to make spaghetti sauce , and have for years . No
off taste that I can detect . Of course , as old as that pot is , it's
likely got a nice coating of Al Oxide ...

For that matter, I've salted and pickled onions and shallots in an aluminium
container. To be fair, the pepper corns and chilies may have disguised any
metallic taste :-)

Mark Rand
RTFM