Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) is offline

Default Nuisance phone calls - how to stop them?

In article ,
Rob G wrote:

nearly all businesses withhold their number.

Not true, maybe except for scammers and junk callers that are unwanted
anyway. Even GCHQ now shows a presentation number. Anyone who witholds their
number is unwelcome in my opinion. If there should be a call from a
misguided caller, then they will get the "Sod off" message. If the call is
that important, they will find a way to defeat the withheld status.
Certainly on the rare occasions I have had a response from the Police, they
have use a non withheld line.

Calling from a withheld caller ID is the height of rudeness in my opinion.
My home number has had anonymous caller reject for many years, although I
resent the enormous cost.