Posted to alt.home.repair

Default CFLs....again

On 5/7/2009 12:48 PM RickH spake thus:

On May 7, 1:39 pm, "RJ" wrote:

I was reading a newspaper article comparing
prices at TARGET and WalMart stores.

They cited GE brand CFL's.
Though packaged identically,
the TARGET bulbs are waranteed for 10,000 hours,
while the WalMart units are waranteed for 6,000 hours.

I haven't gone to my TARGET to check it out,
but it would be interesting.

I've never had a CFL last as long as they say they do anyway, and
returning them is more hassle than its worth. I bought 9 expensive
dimmable large PAR floods and all died within 8 mos, while the old
halogens next to them are going on 8 years, go figure.

I don't know why, but for some reason CFL floodlamps always seem to die
young. Anyone know why this might be? Heat?

--
Save the Planet
Kill Yourself

- motto of the Church of Euthanasia (http://www.churchofeuthanasia.org/)