Posted to uk.d-i-y
Invisible Man[_2_] Invisible Man[_2_] is offline

Default Nuisance phone calls - how to stop them?

Eusebius wrote:
I get the odd sales call from humans which I don't object too much to,
but recently I've had about one automated call a day. These are
usually about noon, but yesterday I had a call at 1am in the night.
This is really intolerable.

I did a search and found the Telephone Preference System :
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

But how can you inform an automated call that you are registered with
the TPS?

What to do about this - ideas?

Cordially,

andy evans

The TPS refer to this lot for silent calls. I have used it to good effect.
Calls we have had coming up as unknown or international mostly seem to
come from BT or their agents. BT lied to me but after several attempts
they did finally stop calling their agents calling me.