Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Nuisance phone calls - how to stop them?

In article
,
Eusebius wrote:
I get the odd sales call from humans which I don't object too much to,
but recently I've had about one automated call a day. These are
usually about noon, but yesterday I had a call at 1am in the night.
This is really intolerable.

I did a search and found the Telephone Preference System :
http://www.mpsonline.org.uk/tps/

But how can you inform an automated call that you are registered with
the TPS?

The automated calls still come from a list of numbers rather than random,
though, and decent firms will remove your number from that list if you
register with the TPS. Of course it can't be enforced with overseas based
call centres, but many of these do observe it. They're not gaining
anything by wasting time with someone who won't react to cold calling -
possibly quite the reverse.
My 'nuisance' calls reduced to near zero after registering. Maybe a
couple a month now.

--
*The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.