Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to make a cutting board

On May 6, 5:08*pm, Steve Turner wrote:

You could also (still can, I presume) buy the linseed oil
itself to mix your own paint or make it flow better. *

You can still buy it just about anywhere. Just DAGS "raw linseed oil"
and you will get plenty of sources.

It was my
understanding that it was not at all toxic and I can still remember the
wonderful smell, but I can't remember if I actually ever tasted it. *:-)

Flaxseed oil is the same thing, just refined differently. Like you, I
love the way it smells, and I remember going into old cabinets maker's
(not necessarily pros) shops that had that smell in the air.

That smell just seems to take you back a few years....

Robert