Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default How to make a cutting board

wrote:
Without metallic driers, the oil is simply "linseed oil" or "raw
linseed oil". It takes weeks or months to simply dry a bit. But
without driers, the raw stuff is actually edible. Outside of making
bread, I am not sure what the linseed oil/flaxseed oil is actually
good for in normal use.

I *think* (and without bothering to verify it) that artists oil paints
are still made the same way they were centuries ago, from raw linseed
oil. I used to paint with oils a lot when I was younger (some 30 years
ago) and I loved it. Interestingly, some colors would dry much faster
than others, I presume because of the effects the various pigments had
on the oil. You could also (still can, I presume) buy the linseed oil
itself to mix your own paint or make it flow better. It was my
understanding that it was not at all toxic and I can still remember the
wonderful smell, but I can't remember if I actually ever tasted it. :-)

--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.