nuk

Default sliding table on contractors saw

Hello,

I have a 10" contractor saw, and for a variety of reasons, it's gonna be
a while (year or two) before I move 'up in the world' to a cabinet saw.
In the meantime, I'm getting kind of frustrated w/ crosscut/miter sleds,
and the time/material I'm having to put into them. A sliding table
seems like a partial solution.

First option seems to be a Mulecab AccuSlider table (it appears the
same thing is sold rebranded by Rockler). Relatively inexpensive,
fairly simple, light, and I've actually seen a couple places on the
Internet where people have fitted them to contractor saws.

Other option would be a Delta (or Grizzly, I hear it is a cheaper clone
of the Delta) sliding table. Appears somewhat nicer than the Mulecab,
but I'm interested in any stories of success/failure attaching one to a
contractor saw.

The DeWalt sliding table seems to be very nice; compact, smooth, and
very solid (but kind of heavy; would tippage be a concern?) Again, I've
seen where people have fitted these to UniSaws, and Grizzly 1023's, but
not contractor saws. Any info would be appreciated.

The Exaktor and Excalibur tables seem to be a bit more than I'm looking
for, at least the models I've seen. It looks like they take up a lot of
space, and are more for a static (i.e. not a roll-around/mobile setup).
Also kind of pricey.

Last option (because I do actually kind of like the little varmint) is
the Ryobi BT3x00. Kind of wish Ryobi would commit to a wide table kit
specifically for the 3100 before I seriously consider it.

Like I said, any tales of woe or success or whatever of back-fitting a
sliding table to a contractor saw is welcome. If you have a link to a
web page w/ pictures and descriptions, bonus!

TIA,

nuk

--
I know more than enough *nix to do some very destructive things,
and not nearly enough to do very many useful things.