Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Floor mounting Wall mounting Boiler (Combi)

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
In article ,
"John" writes:
Thinking ahead to replacing my floor standing boiler
Worcester...................... It sits in an upstairs airing cupboard
with
plasterboard sandwich walls (no decent noggins).

When I come to change, in order to widen my choice of boilers - but to
avoid
trying to get a good fixing onto the plasterboard I wonder if it would be
permissible to make up a sort of angle bracket which would enable the
weight
to be taken by the airing cupboard floor (above the stairs and about 18"
above the hall floor. I would have something welded out of angle steel so
it
would be strong. Perhaps something like a pipe jig (which comes with some
boilers) with feet to make it "L" shaped.

Any thoughts?

I've seen such brackets in plumbers merchants.
They are mainly aimed for mounting boilers in lofts, where there
are usually no suitable walls (gable-ends are not suitable for
heavy loads unless mounted some distance below the top).

--
Andrew Gabriel

Great tip. Many thanks.