Posted to sci.electronics.repair,comp.sys.mac.portables,comp.sys.laptops
GG WILLIKERS GG WILLIKERS is offline

Default Cause of lines in TFT display?

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
Barry Watzman wrote:
Yes, it can be done (rebonding the cables that go between the driver
circuit board within an LCD panel to the actual LCD glass), but it the
equipment required is relatively rare and exotic (a laptop with a full
size screen is not the same as a cell phone with a few square inches of
screen). The number of places that do it is small enough, and the cost
is high enough, that as a PRACTICAL matter it is normally not a
realistic option.

When I talked to a local company I was told they had to purchase used
equipment that had been used for laptop sized displays. The techs I know
that worked there told ne the same thing. So you are telling me they
are all liars?

Arguing with Barry is like clapping with one hand...........