Posted to rec.woodworking
notbob notbob is offline

Default How to make a cutting board

On 2009-05-05, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I don't doubt you had problems, but you are one in a million or a billion or
a bazillion. The rest of us don't have the same reaction from trace amounts
that a cutting board may give.

If I was one in a bazillion, laxitives and hemorroid meds wouldn't be a
billion dollar industry.

I'm not saying using mineral oil on a cutting board will automatically give
one 'roids', but ingesting it does your body no good and it's not as benign
as you might believe. I will agree the amounts one would ingest using it on
a cutting board are negligible. OTOH, I don't care what the oil companies
would like us to believe, I will not knowingly ingest petroleum products, no
matter how refined. You, of course, are free to do as you like.

nb