Frank Davis

Default dot and dab insulated plaster board on solid wall - ok?

(Niel A. Farrow) wrote in message ...
I'd like too drline the walls of my 1850's 9" solid brick wall house,
mainly for cost and convenience. I've looked at the spec on the Kingspan
pages and they mention the dot and dab method for cavity walls but not
solid. For solid walls they describe fixing to a frame.

Is dot and dab on solid brick walls not reccommneded?

I live in an old cottage - solid walls - probably more than 9".
Current plasterboard fixed to a frame but needs to be replaced.
Builder recommended removing existing plasterboard and frame, making
good (and level) the walls with a sand and cement plaster and then
using dot and dab to line with plasterboard. He recommended using
insulated plasterboard (i.e. plasterboard damp proof membrane and 1-2
inches of insulation bonded to it.

Job not started yet, but thats the plan

Hope this helps

Frank.