Guy

Default Electrical Question

"Steve McDonald" wrote in message

Got it! I will not jury rig anything. I will either abandon the bench

outlet
or try to snake a 4th wire through and do it the safe way. I cannot put a
new dedicated 120v circuit through the slab. Thanks to all (except for

one
goof) for the advice...maybe a life saved here today!

Steve

Before we all sign off on this, I didn't notice anyone discussing the
breaker amperage vs. the wire gauge you plan to use to wire up the 120v
outlet. If, for example, the breaker is a duplex 30 amp and the wire you use
to connect the outlet is 12 or 14 gauge, you might have a fire hazard in the
making.