Posted to rec.woodworking
Bob Martin Bob Martin is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

in 100377 20090503 184348 Han wrote:
Tim Daneliuk wrote in
:

Charlie Self wrote:
snip
Obama is running at about 66% support if you continue to class him as
Extreme Left. Most of us consider ourselves centrists.

As I understand it - and I do not have the cite - his approval ratings
at this early point in his presidency are among the *lowest* in modern
times. If I find the cite, I pass it along...

So you believe the lying pollsters when they agree with your
preconceived prejudices. Great! Now we know for sure where you stand.
Who said that lies become truth if repeated often enough?

Andrew Sullivan in yesterday's Sunday Times (London) :

"The polling tells you something important. His approval ratings have actually
gone up since he took office. Take away the party labels and, in the latest Gallup poll,
Obama is winning the support of 90% of liberals with 7% against but, much more
significantly, he is winning self-described €śmoderates€ť by a massive 73% to 19%.
Even conservatives are split on him €” with 42% approving and 53% disapproving;
41% of weekly church-goers approved of him just before the election €” and now
that number has risen to 57%. Thats a direct hit at the core Republican appeal."