Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Graphite in Locks? ...not good sometime

Don't know if it's still sold. Used to be, you could buy
blue and yellow cans of "Lock Ease, graphited lock fluid". I
hate that stuff. Gets sticky and messy. Well, it did make me
a lot of money at a motel near me that used it every couple
weeks on all their room locks.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"JIMMIE" wrote in message

The big problem with graphite in locks is that people use
too darn
much of it and it just gets packed into the lock. I ve seen
people put
half of one of those squeeze tubes in a lock. Also people
use graphite
when lubrication is not the problem. Their are graphite
bearing
aresols that are very good for locks but you can overuse
those too.
Often all you need to do is run a pencil lead (graphite) on
your key
if there is a lubrication problem.

JImmie