Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill Bill is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key:
http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

Like Bush really cared about the Constitution while taking away our rights
over the last 8 years
CC

Please name one right "Bush took away from us". I was no fan of W's,
but a lot of what gets blamed on him was either: a) Already set in
precedent courtesy of the insane "War On Drugs", "War On Poverty",
"War On Illiteracy", and so on (each of which gave the nosy Feds
more and more power over the individual) or b) A removal of "rights"
from foreign invaders, none of who have a legitimate claim to our
protections under civil or criminal law.

How about the suspension of Habeas Corpus or the expansion of the
Border Patrol's powers in the "Constitution-Free Zone"? I live more
than a thousand miles from Mexico, but I am subject to arbitrary stop
and search because I live in this zone. We don't need to go into the
issue of torture, do we? I suppose that's not a violation of human
rights.

Bill