Posted to rec.woodworking
Morris Dovey Morris Dovey is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

Tim Daneliuk wrote:

(speaking of the Republican Party)

They seem to be the party of no ideas, no principles, no energy, and
no future because they've systematically disassembled their core that
believes in limited government and personal responsibility.

As used as I've become to automatically disagreeing with you, I have to
admit that I share this perception.

I'm not sure that there's actually been a systematic disassembly, and
I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and say that they seem
to have lost sight of their principles - and without that common
foundation, seem unable to produce ideas about which they can reach
consensus, and without ideas to which the general electorate can say:
"Yes!" they have no energy and no political traction.

If you're a believer in personal responsibility (here it comes round
again - wait for it...) let me encourage you to involve yourself in the
process of identifying and advocating for those who /do/ have the
principles, who /can/ produce ideas that unify people in their support.

Get 'em on the ballot - 'cause if you don't, someone else will be
(re)elected. Time's already running short...

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar