Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Way OT and political, too

CC wrote:

"-MIKE-" wrote in message

Like Bush really cared about the Constitution while taking away our
rights
over the last 8 years
CC

What rights were taken away?

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

My right to privacy with the NSA wire tapping through AT&T and any
other
provider, Be it telephone, internet, or any other way of ease dropping
they wanted.
And it was not just only all US - overseas. Next is their ability to
deny your rights to due process

Ummm, actually it was *only* calls from the US to an overseas number that
had been identified as linked to terrorists. It always amuses me when the
left was bleating about this loss of "privacy" when many of those people so
bleating have no qualms about loudly carrying on cell phone conversations
in public regardless of how personal the subject.

In this case, you lost zero rights as opposed to the rights that the
current administration is no kidding taking away:
The rights of contract law in which a judge can set aside a contract and
force a lender to alter the *principal* amount of a loan. Any idea how
hard it would be to get a mortgage in the future if this happens? (Good
news is that even the Senate wasn't stupid enough to go along with this and
defeated it today 51-45 -- but that 45 is scary).

The right to make whatever your employer thinks you are worth. Right now,
it's bank CEO's and employees. The administration has said that it also
wants to impose the same kinds of rules on companies that have not taken
federal money. Once they decide this for corporate officers, what's to
stop them from deciding what *you* are supposed to be making?

The administration has made no bones about looking at ways to abridge the
second amendment and take away the right to keep and bear arms.

If you are concerned about loss of privacy in cell phone or internet
communications, I would think you would really be concerned about loss of
privacy with the proposed health care database in which the fed will have
all of your health care records in their files.

if they "think" or want to label you as a terrorist, doesn't matter if
you are or not, just what they want
to say you are to be able to restrain you
CC

So then you are extremely outraged by the recently released Department of
Homeland Security memos that identified people who actually support a
constructionist interpretation of the Constitution as potential extremists?
And the extremist lexicon they just released that identifies those who
support federalism as extremists but fails to mention Islamic
fundamentalists? You are sufficiently outraged to demand that Napolitano
resign?