Posted to rec.woodworking
Tim Daneliuk Tim Daneliuk is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

evodawg wrote:
Tom Veatch wrote:

On Fri, 01 May 2009 13:49:41 -0700, evodawg
wrote:

Remember him saying in a debate with Wolf Blixscreen, CNN he would choose
someone with no legal qualifications, just an ordinary person. ...

Offered without further comment:

"President Barack Obama pledged Friday to name a Supreme Court justice
who combines "empathy and understanding" with an impeccable legal
background..."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090501/...er_retiring_37

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

He also said, "I will seek someone who understands that justice isn't about
some abstract legal theory or footnote in a case book." Abstract Legal
Theory? Is he calling the Constitution Abstract? I'm wondering what he
thinks the Supreme Court does? Read footnotes in a case book?

He doesn't *care* what SCOTUS is supposed to do. He and his fellow radicals
are hellbent on retooling the country to get around the limits on government
power imposed upon the Constitution. Step 1 - exploit every proximate emergency
to create a greater and greater roll for the snoopy Feds. Step 2 - Overplay,
exaggerate, and outright invent "crises" as needed such as Climate Change,
Healthcare access, the current piggie flu (which, to be fair, should be
affecting more Liberals than anyone), and so forth. Step 3 - Rewrite the
Constitution implicitly by appointing SCOTUS judges that will just make
it up as they go along.

Welcome to Soviet America...

Tim Daneliuk
PGP Key: