Posted to rec.woodworking
evodawg[_2_] evodawg[_2_] is offline

Default Way OT and political, too

Tom Veatch wrote:

On Fri, 01 May 2009 13:49:41 -0700, evodawg
wrote:

Remember him saying in a debate with Wolf Blixscreen, CNN he would choose
someone with no legal qualifications, just an ordinary person. ...

Offered without further comment:

"President Barack Obama pledged Friday to name a Supreme Court justice
who combines "empathy and understanding" with an impeccable legal
background..."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090501/...er_retiring_37

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA

He also said, "I will seek someone who understands that justice isn't about
some abstract legal theory or footnote in a case book." Abstract Legal
Theory? Is he calling the Constitution Abstract? I'm wondering what he
thinks the Supreme Court does? Read footnotes in a case book?

--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"