Steve James

Default Table Saw - Bosch vs. Ryobi vs. Delta vs. HF

Silvan wrote:

I have a Ryobi in the back of my mind, but what is this Bosch y'all are
debating about?

The Bosch 4000 Benchtop table saw. 15 amp induction motor with
soft-start and torque sensing feedback that tries to maintain constant
blade speed. Aluminum deck that is claimed to be the largest in its
class by the manufacturer (I assume the class is benchtop saws, and I
haven't checked their claim). It weighs 60 lbs. It has a good fence,
useable mitre gauge (not great but better than all other bench top saws
I looked at), and a good splitter and blade guard which I use. The
splitter is close to the blade and raises and lowers with the blade as
on European style saws. It costs about $500. Main competition a
Dewalt benchtop saw at about the same price. Compared to the Dewalt,
the Bosch has a better mitre guage, more table in front of the blade
(still not as much as I would like), and a MUCH more stable portable
stand. The Dewalt has a better fence than the Bosch, but the Bosch
fence works well.
--
To email me use: sjusenet AT comcast DOT net