Posted to alt.home.repair
dadiOH[_3_] dadiOH[_3_] is offline

Default Cultured Marble Scratch Buffing Suggestions?

wrote:
I can barely feel the sctrach with my fingernail but it is visible.

I tried using a random orbit car polisher and red rubbing compound.

No joy.

Any suggestions?

The rubbing compound was to fine to remove the scratch.

1. Remove scratch with fine sand paper (black silicon carbide "wet or dry"
works well). How fine? As fine as possible but coarse enough to remove the
scratch without sanding forever.

2. Sand area with finer papers, working to #1000 or so as the final.

3. *Polish* with the rubbing compound (or other) to restore the sheen you
want.

dadiOH