Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Question: Clothes Drier

From the pole to the buss bar in the circuit panel of a new
house. I'm wondering if there is overcurrent protection,
there.

Of course the OP didn't describe any protection between his
meter and the dracula switch behind his dryer.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , "Stormin
Mormon" wrote:
Overcurrent protection provided by something called "fuse".
Young people don't know what those are.

Read again, kiddo, for comprehension this time. As the OP
describes it, there
was originally no overcurrent protection for the conductors
between the
service panel and the fused disconnect.

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
. ..
In article
,
Art Harris wrote:
When we moved into our house (1982) there was a 240V line
in the
basement for a drier. The line connected to a metal box
with two 30A
fuses and a big on/off switch. But there were no circuit
breakers for
this line at the main breaker panel.

That's bad. That means there was no overcurrent protection
for those wires.