Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Camouflaged tools

Stormin Mormon wrote:
Sounds like some idiots who make the color schemes. Not real
working people like you and me.

Garden tools sold in civilian stores are styled, sized, and colored
based on what they think will appeal to women, who buy most of them. You
look at a real supply house, and bright orange handles are more common.
Fiberglas handles are almost always bright yellow.

Spending most of my recent project time trying to blacksmith a
tree-assaulted metal shed back into usability, I'm wishing fasteners
were dayglo-colored. My eyes ain't what they used to be, and when those
little suckers jump into dark corners or the leaves under the trees,
well, you get the idea. BTDT, so before I started, I went to the borg
and bought 100-count boxes of spares. And those hex-head zinc-coated
self-tapping pole barn screws go in with such a satisfying thunk,
compared to the wimpy Phillips-heads the thing was made with.

--
aem sends...