Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default Camouflaged tools

Nate Nagel wrote:
1D10T wrote:
Why in the world are many of them in 'camo' colors?

Examples:
The pruning shears I've lost several times in the last few days that
are leaf green and yellow. After dropping them they blend right in
with the vegetation.

Carpenter's pencils in natural wood. Found a great deal on a couple
dozen at the borg. At the end of the day several are invariably swept
up with wood scraps and sawdust.

I know this is a silly post, but what could the reason be for such
stupid colors?

There's always "safety orange" spray paint...

nate

One summer on the apartment construction site where I was the gofer, I
was stuck being the key-keeper for the tool crib. After about the first
week of chasing stuff, I started highlighting all the common-use tools
with dayglo pink spray paint. Cut the shrinkage rate a bunch, and made
the MIAs a lot easier to find whilst doing the lock-the-doors walkaround
at the end of the day.

--
aem sends...