Posted to alt.home.repair
Jerry Jerry is offline

Default How to paint window scrren

enewton wrote:
If I screw it up, all the screening will need to
come out, which, of course, may be the end result anyway.

It's not clear to me whether these are separate screens with an
aluminum frame and a rubber spline holding the screening material in
the frame, OR, a wooden frame with screen stapled down and wood trim
covering the edges.

In either case, I think I would re-screen it. Go to the home store and
buy a roll of screening material in the proper width - you can get
metal screen, or fiberglass in various sun-blocking densities.

For the aluminum frame/spline type, just pull out the spline, throw
away the old screen, stretch the new screen, and reinsert the spline.
You can reuse the spline unless it's really deteriorated.

Wooden frame, remove the trim, pull the staples holding the screen,
staple in new screen, replace trim. Easy-peasy.

I replace the screen in my patio slider about every 2 years, due to
pets, kids, etc.

Jerry