Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Phillipson[_3_] Don Phillipson[_3_] is offline

Default How to paint window scrren

"enewton" wrote in message

It turns out the underlying screen is steel or aluminum, as you suggest.
What I am trying to achieve is a solid coating of paint over the screen,
sealing all the mesh. So it seems like I would use a fairly thick paint
spread thin on both the inside and outside, and probably a second coat to
cover and produce a smooth finished surface. I know that my neighbor's
window down the street has this exact effect, but have no idea what paint
or technique was used. If I screw it up, all the screening will need to
come out, which, of course, may be the end result anyway.

Reasons are not yet clear why
1. it seems you did not ask at a window/screen store;
2. it seems you did not ask your neighbor.

--
Don Phillipson
Carlsbad Springs