Posted to alt.home.repair
enewton enewton is offline

Default How to paint window scrren

enewton had written this in response to
http://www.thestuccocompany.com/main...en-370702-.htm
:
Look, this is the first time I have used this website. It wasn't very
user friendly coming in, and this doesn't help. If you have something
substantial to say, say it.
Newt
-------------------------------------
ransley wrote:

On Apr 30, 11:10=A0am, Smitty Two
wrote:
In article ,

(enewton) wrote:
A screen room outside my home has fixed plastic
"screens" that are
waterproofed by a thin coating of clear vinyl or similar
plastic sheeti=

ng.
=A0Portions of the waterproofing layer are flaking off,
exposing the
underlying screen grid. =A0I would like to paint about 30
square feet o=

f the
screened area with an opaque paint to match the house trim,
as i have s=

een
done to similar screen rooms in the neighborhood. =A0But none
of my
neighbors know how the paint job was done on their homes. I
would expec=

to sand lightly to remove flaking plastic. =A0What should I
use for pai=

nt
and how do I apply it to both the intact plastic areas and
the porous g=

rid
areas where the plastic has flaked off?

Newt

The first thing you should do, is send an email to the SUCK-O
company
telling them to stop spamming ahr. Then you should google
"usenet" and
try to figure out where the **** you are and what the **** you're
doing.

Is this a forwarded post, is it a real question?