Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] sligoNoSPAMjoe@hotmail.com is offline

Default Replacement windows: wood vs. vinyl

On Thu, 30 Apr 2009 00:32:33 +0100, "Clot"

No need to. The windows I have are wood frames with vinyl
cladding on the outside. Looks and feels good with no painting.

I've followed this thread from inception but deleted previous posts. I find
it odd that one would clad wood with either aluminium or vinyl, neither of
which breath which timber needs in order not to rot.

The windows I have and was referring to are only clad on the
outside, not the inside so they do breath.