Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 22mm compression fittings: spanners required?

In article ,
Scott M wrote:
Other way is to spend some time at car boot ales or autojumbles etc
and get some old BSF/Whitworth spanners. They're not much in demand so
don't fetch much. A fixed correct sized spanner is always better than
an adjustable.

That is my plan. I've got a few largish imperial spanners that sometimes
come in handy for plumbing but I've never sat down and worked out
exactly what I should be looking for. It only occurs to me when I'm
stood in field and see a nice big box of old tools :-(

If you check the site I gave earlier you can convert the actual across
flats measurement into what BSF etc spanners are marked as. So you know
what to look out for.

--
*The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.