Bob Davis

Default Jet tool service saga

Thanks for the further explanation. I have to admit it. When I purchased
the Supersaw, it was almost a whim. I'd been wanting a table saw for two
years and knew I would not be happy with a fold up portable contractor's
saw. I had eyed the Dewalt $800 model every time I walked into Lowe's. When
I saw the Supersaw with its sliding table, it was like love at first sight.
A friend was with me and he went gaga over it, too.

So,now that the new has worn off and I've had some problems with it, I'm not
so enamoured with my selection. I keep thinking that I was only about $250
away from a Jet 3hp cabinet saw - with no sliding table of course. At the
time 220 v was nowhere in sight. But since then, I've bitten the bullet and
I'm running boatload of power to the shop that is in progress. It wasn't as
expensive as I thought it might be, since I'm doing the work myself -- all
told will be less than $200 and that includes a new panel dedicated to the
shop.

Bob

"mttt" wrote in message

"Bob Davis" wrote in message
ink.net...

I didn't understand the last sentence in your comment. Could you be

more
explicit about what you meant? The supersaw takes about as much space

as

Sure. I don't have 220V and won't anytime soon. So that took out "most
cabinet" saws. And "many/some/a-few" cabinet saws are $850. So I had

the
floor space for a cabinet saw - as long as it had 30" rails, but not the
power.

On the contractor saw front - I'm in one-bay of the garage, and things

need
to get pushed up snug against the walls. I thought, at the time of

purchase,
having the motor inside the cabinet would be a big help. Also good
contractor saws were pushing $600.

Thus was looking at hybrids. (Family members who had used the DeWalt,

liked
it.)
Had a little extra cash that month, bought the "marketing hype" and
purchased the saw.

Knowing what I now know - I think I'd have been better off finding room

for
a contractor saw and going that route.

The Supersaw throws impediments at you from time to time - the timing

belt,
the inability to buy a dado insert, the t-slots on the fence are small and
low, the tenoning jig won't fit w/o an adapter plate, etc. But it's here,

like it and it's a far better saw than I am a craftsman.