Posted to alt.home.repair
SteveBell[_2_] SteveBell[_2_] is offline

Default Repair sunken asphalt ramp

"LouB" wrote in message
Luckyme wrote:
I have a small ramp built of asphalt about 5 feet wide and 4 feet
in length for my lawn tractor. Over the year, it has sunken
about 3-4 inches similar to the problem with asphalt driveway at
the juction of the garage entrance. I would like to rebuild it
up with asphalt such as Bomix. My question is - do I need to
put some type of adhesive on the old surface before laying the
new asphalt, or is Bomix potholes repair asphalt the material to
use? Would concrete mix on top of the old ram a better idea to
repair this ?

Thank you for all your advice.

Concrete sounds like a bad idea since it is rigid.

I have a feeling you are right. But I just don't know if the new
asphalt will bond to the old asphalt surface.

Any advice, anyone ?

The summer I spent on the grounds crew at my college, we mopped the
inside of potholes with what looked like liquid tar, then tamped in the
cold patch asphalt. The boss said the liquid stuff made the cold patch
stick better. I took him at his word.

Go to the hardware store and read the instructions on the can of
liquid-tar-like-stuff. It's probably cheap enough that you should just
use it.

--
Steve Bell
New Life Home Improvement