Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default OT Metric System

Frank Galikanokus wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
RickH wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

And used by 96% of the world's population.

Shhhh, dont let Obama know that, or we'll have to retool all our
factories. He's got this fixation with making us more like Europe and
all.

You probably use metric already more than you realise.

Graham

Yep, my "American made truck" is all metric. Except for the lug nuts!

Funnily enough, I actually prefer some US threads to metric ones which are too
fine IMHO for routine applications like screwing lids on. 4-40 and 6-32 UNC ?
come to mind. Plus M3 is a bit small for that on larger equipment and M4 is
too big. There is an M3.5 but try finding them !

Graham