Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 22mm compression fittings: spanners required?

In article ,
Scott M wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Trouble is Stilsons usually mark the fitting which annoys me - they
have jaws for dripping round things so have to cut in. A good quality
adjustable is better.

Annoys me too! I've got some Screwfix vouchers that I might put towards
a decent set now you've given me the idea. I did have a friend recommend
me to get some Bahco ones but I'd already sort of ended up with Stilsons
as my default plumbing tool as they were the best thing I had. The
adjustable spanners I've had before have been utter pants and the comedy
bicycle-spanner style compression nut spanner is a nonsense.

Other way is to spend some time at car boot ales or autojumbles etc and
get some old BSF/Whitworth spanners. They're not much in demand so don't
fetch much. A fixed correct sized spanner is always better than an
adjustable.

--
*Dancing is a perpendicular expression of a horizontal desire *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.