Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] zymurgy@technologist.com is offline

Default 22mm compression fittings: spanners required?

On Apr 29, 3:55*pm, "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:
In article ,
* *Scott M wrote:

I always end up with Stilsons when plumbing - usually two pairs. I've
always wanted some 'proper' spanners and keep meaning to make a list of
sizes to take to a car boot - I suspect a lot of the sizes required are
imperial/Whitworth ones.

Trouble is Stilsons usually mark the fitting which annoys me - they have
jaws for dripping round things so have to cut in. A good quality
adjustable is better.

I find stillsons awkward on 15mm fittings, and spanners not very
useful.

I usually hold the centre of the fitting (T piece or elbow) with an F
pattern adjustable,

http://www.alloy-artifacts.com/Photo...pped_inset.jpg

it's good for clearance where a 'normal' adjustable won't go.

Cheers,

Paul.