Posted to alt.binaries.schematics.electronic

Default Jim Thompson, any compander yet?

Jim Thompson wrote:

On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:15:50 -0500, "amdx" wrote:

Just wondering if you built a compander (or compressor) for your tv?
If so can you tell us about it. I'd like to install one on my tv.
Mike

I bought a cheapy Audiovox to test the theory, worked, but noticeable
"attack" clunking.

So I'm going to use the Audiovox for talk radio in my office (Fox
commercials are atrociously boosted, at least on the webcast), and buy
something nicer, like dBx for the theater system.

How about building an inverse squelch for the commercials? If the
get too loud, they are muted.