Posted to sci.electronics.repair
1D10T[_2_] 1D10T[_2_] is offline

Default I'm trying to take apart my laptop to get access to my fan

"Baron" wrote in message
Quite probably because the dust clinging to the blades and hub got blown
away. This probably would allow the fan to rotate a little more
quickly. There is no real reason other than normal wear for a fan to
be noisy.

It wasn't noisy until after the blades were spun overly fast by a blast of
air far stronger than the fan itself could ever create. This is especially
bad to do if the fan motor uses sleeve-type bearings rather than ball-type.

Jamming the fan blades in the way you describe is likely to do real
damage to the blades causing a major problem ! Definitely not to be
recommended.

I don't 'jam' anything. I simply prevent the blades from spinning.