Posted to rec.woodworking
Charlie Groh Charlie Groh is offline

Default O/T: Pirate Rifles

On Mon, 20 Apr 2009 06:01:23 -0700 (PDT), Charlie Self
wrote:

On Apr 19, 5:12*pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
"Tom Watson" wrote in message

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 18:40:31 -0500, "MikeWhy"
wrote:

At the end of the 80' tow rope? I think I could do that with a target
pistol, sitting on a gyro stabilized gun mount. Gyro stabilized sniper
rifles my shaven behind.

Y'all must be one hell of a better pistol shot than me.

I don't think I can hit anything at 80' with my 1911.

I was very careful to write "target pistol".

True. And the 1911s we were stuck with in the Marines were far better
up close where you could whap someone on the head with the thing, or
throw it like a rock.

....I managed to wangle a 1911 as a sidearm in VN, seeing as how we
flew around with virtually no armor I figured a good place for a large
hunk of metal would be between my legs. I even shot it a few
times...once at a 55 gallon drum not 25 feet away; the round clanked
out and missed by 5 feet...I *swear* on my expert rating with a .38
that I was aiming true (come on, it was a 55 gallon drum!). Which led
me to believe that that particular hunk of steel was one Sgt York had
contact with...

cg