Steve James

Default Table Saw - Bosch vs. Ryobi vs. Delta vs. HF

News Junky wrote:

I would classify the Bosch as
a construction site saw, and the Ryobi as a fine woodworking saw.

I'm sure the Bosch makes a fine construction site saw given its
portability, but it is a well made and designed tool that is more than
adequate for fine woodworking. The biggest drawback of the Bosch when
comparing to a contractors saw is the table size. But if you want
portability or have limited space, and can live with the small table,
its hard to beat the Bosch. My neighbor who does fine (finish)
carpentry work for his livelihood post-retirement was so impressed by my
Bosch that he bought one. I think it is now the only table saw he uses,
even at home, and he loves the portability. I have both the
collapsible stand which I store in the garage for when I want to use it
outside, and the fixed stand for the basement. Both are very well made
- the sturdiness of the collapsible stand it truly impressive although
it you only plan to use it in one room I recommend the fixed stand.
Mine is on mounted on the Delta Universal mobile base.

The Bosch even comes with a decent combination blade. I have used the
stock blade to rip 6' by1 3/4" hard maple. I've since bought a Forrest
WWII which lives on the saw except when I cut plywood (use a Freud 80
tooth laminate blade which works slightly better for this task) or MDF
(I use the stock blade because it works fine and I'd rather dull it than
my WWII).

Can the Ryobi pass the nickel balanced on edge test? My Bosch can pass
it - even when starting up.
--
To email me use: sjusenet AT comcast DOT net