Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default 22mm compression fittings: spanners required?

TheScullster wrote:
"Stephen" wrote

Hello,

What size spanners do you need for 22mm straight compression
fittings? The nuts are 32mm but what about the flange on the middle
of the body? I measured it with a vernier calliper and I think it
was 28.5mm, which seems an awkward size. Rounding that up to 29mm, I
could not find any 29mm spanners anywhere. Would a 30mm spanner be
too big or do you "cheat" and use adjustable ones?

Thanks,
Stephen

I find pipe grips invaluable. They will adjust and grab many
hexagonal shapes, radiator valve bodies etc. Plus they have
narrow(ish) jaws so will fit where stilsons won't.

I'd have called those water pump pliers.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk