Posted to uk.d-i-y
Doctor Drivel[_2_] Doctor Drivel[_2_] is offline

Default 22mm compression fittings: spanners required?

"dennis@home" wrote in message

"Tim S" wrote in message
Stephen coughed up some electrons that declared:

Hello,

What size spanners do you need for 22mm straight compression fittings?
The nuts are 32mm but what about the flange on the middle of the body?
I measured it with a vernier calliper and I think it was 28.5mm, which
seems an awkward size. Rounding that up to 29mm, I could not find any
29mm spanners anywhere. Would a 30mm spanner be too big or do you
"cheat" and use adjustable ones?

Thanks,
Stephen

Nothing "cheating" about using adjustable spanners Unless space is
tight
and you need a slim normal spanner.

A good quality Bahco in a couple of sizes deals with many evils.

Bahco are overpriced and rust.

These are better..
http://www.toolstation.com/shop/Hand...0/sd210/p23418

What make does it fit? The nuts are all different from maker to maker.

One of these which is brill as it locks - Stanley lockable adjustable smooth
jaws. About £20, but seen one for £10 at a tool stall once:
http://www.stanleytools.com/default.asp?CATEGORY=WRENCHES+HT&TYPE=PRODUCT&PART NUMBER=85-610&SDesc=10%26%2334%3B+MaxGrip%26%23153%3B+Lockin g+Adjustable+Wrench