Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair,alt.sports.baseball.sd-padres
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Default OT Metric System

HeyBub wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:
Roger Blake wrote:

The metric system sucks ass. We don't want it, and furthermore we
don't give a rat's ass what bunch of effete Eurotrash may have to
say about it.

You must have your head well buried if you think you can ignore 'the
metric system'. Whether you want it or not it's here.

And used by 96% of the world's population.

We don't ignore it. We're ****ed that pop comes in liters as a way of
fooling us into thinking it's a quart, so we don't mind paying more per
bottle. It would be only slightly less false if they called it a "metric
quart."

Trust me, you get used to it faster than you might think. And I can still buy
a pint ( 568 ml over here - yours is smaller ) in a pub, or drive a mile down
a road ( special exemptions for tradition ). I wouldn't calculate in pints or
miles though.

We also finally got rid of BTUs too Thank God, so heating systems are now
rated in kW, so it's easy to compare electric with hot water based.

And 96% of the world's population gets by on less than $30,000 per person
per year.

Don't think the USA has the highest per capita income. Those are found in
Europe mostly and some Far East countries. In fact the CIA Factbook rates the
USA as #8.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...PP)_per_capita

Graham