Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Houston, Texas price for central a/c installed

Sounds like a lot of money. Please make a few more calls.
I'm in the Rochester, NY aread. The guy I used to work for,
we used to put AC into a house which didn't have AC. And the
final price was less than half what you quoted. Of course,
it's a different market.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Observer" wrote in message
news Got a quote today for a Trane 4 ton (replacing a 3.5 ton)
XL15 outside
unit with a matching Trane coil inside. Installed was
$7800. I'm
thinking a more fair price is $7000 but this is just based
on some
brief internet reading.

I was told that a 1/2 ton upsize is not a big deal. In
general do you
agree? I'm guessing the a/c guy who spoke with me is
correct.

I'm going to get another 1 or 2 bids but meanwhile any
suggestions or
comments? Thanks.